Creating a great social media strategy can be tricky, but answering these 7 questions will help you move in the direction of a successful social media campaign. Here’s helpful information on how to create an effective social media strategy.
- What are your goals? Write down your current fan and follower base, the amount that you currently post/tweet, and your current average engagement for each social media platform. Determine your goals in the next month and each month after that for the next year.
- How much time do you have? Determining how much time you have to manage your social media has a lot to do with your current social media fan and follower base, their current engagement, and your goals. You should have 1-3 hours a day to spend on social media for the best results.
- Who’s your target audience? What is the age range of your target audience? Their sex? Their income? Write down this information and then compare it with this infographic to help you determine the best social media platform for you.
- Who are you? If your brand were a person, how old would they be? What would their copywriting style sound like? What are their three favorite colors? Make sure that your brand image is desirable to your target demographic. If you’re a company, never say “I”, always say “we”.
- What will you post/tweet about? The ideal social media post is appealing to your audience. If you’re looking for great social media content ideas, click here to view 10 content ideas worth sharing.
- How often will you post/tweet? Contrary to popular belief, there’s no right time to post for every social media account. It depends on the time of day that your audience is most active. You can view this information on Facebook by clicking on “Insights” and then “Posts”. You’ll see a graph that displays the best time to post based on the time of day that your audience is most active on Facebook.
- What tools will help you streamline the process? If you don’t have a large social media following, we recommend using Buffer to schedule posts and Mention to easily manage your community. If you have a large following, we recommend using SproutSocial, although it is somewhat more expensive.
- How will you measure your results? SproutSocial has high level analytics that will allow you to view your social media progress and identify opportunities for improvement. SimplyMeasured also offers free social media analytics reports.